LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR
We believe this is one of the greatest seasons of need that our neighbors might experience. That is why we want to help you come alongside your neighbors during this pandemic!
We believe the church is positioned perfectly to reach our neighbors in this crazy season! Because of this, beginning on April 22, we are launching the Unite Love Your Neighbor Challenge. We want to help equip the Church with ideas, resources, and structure to effectively bless our neighbors.
For the next 15 days, we have 15 different challenges that are meant to be captured with 15 second videos, all geared towards loving our neighbors in creative and fun ways. Each day, leading up to Unite on the National Day of Prayer, we will be posting new challenges to @pulse.movement’s story, and we are asking you to participate by engaging in each challenge, capturing you and your family participating in the challenge, and then posting to your Instagram story (don’t forget to tag us @pulse.movement)!
We want to unleash a digital community to be everyday evangelists that are on mission to love their neighbors. Would you join us?
15 Day Unite Love Your Neighbor Challenge
1. Adopt 5 of your neighbors and engage in the Keep 5 challenge. (Download here)
2. Send your neighbors a postcard that can help identify any needs they might have. (Link below)
3. Drop off cookies on your neighbor’s doorstep and include a note challenging them to a bake-off (don’t forget to ring the doorbell!)
4. Do a photo-scavenger hunt in your neighborhood! Share the list with your neighbors. (Download Here)
5. Prayer-walk your neighborhood.
6. Call your grandparents! #callyourgrandma #callyourgrandpa
7. Venmo a friend money for coffee or surprise them with a Doordash lunch.
8. Create yard signs with phrases of encouragement.
9. Drop off a basic needs gift basket: Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, and Kleenex…best gift basket ever, am I right?
10. Initiate a digital game night with your neighbors, like BINGO! (For the more tech-savvy, jackbox.tv has some great options.)
11. Challenge your neighbors to a trick shot battle! Record your trickshot, post it to your Insta story, and tag your neighbors and friends to challenge them to do the trickshot.
12. Draw encouraging chalk messages on your driveway.
13. Share a family recipe with a neighbor! Prompt your neighbors to mail, email, or carrier pigeon their recipes from house to house.
14. Do a grocery run for someone in your neighborhood!
15. Engage the Move Closer app with some friends at movecloser.org